Help Impoverished Africans With HivAids - Charity Forum

Help Impoverished Africans With HIV/AIDS

(2)

Mary Krane Derr LCSW

Help Impoverished Africans With HIV/AIDS

March 18, 2002 11:14

The not-for-profit group IvoirEspoir (www.ivoirespoir.org) seeks donations of medical goods for indigent HIV/AIDS patients in the hard-hit West African nation of Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire). We seek goods including but not necessarily limited to:

**Hospital beds and matresses

**Phlebotomy and laboratory equipment necessary for diagnostic and monitoring tests such as HIV antibody, CD4+ count, and viral load

**Pharmacy dispensing equipment

**Medications to treat HIV/AIDS, opportunistic infections, and other complications of the virus

**Goods that will help health workers observe "universal precautions" to prevent spread of the virus--for example, sterilizers, gloves (latex and nonlatex), face masks, gowns, disinfectants, safe needles, safe needle reuse or disposal systems, equipment for ensuring safety during birth and during blood transfusions

**Condoms (male and female; latex and nonlatex)

If you can help, or if you know someone who can, please contact Mary Krane Derr, LCSW, IvoirEspoir Grantwriter and Program Consutant, at MaryKDerr@aol.com.

to rate and post a comment

(1)

John Cooper

Re: Help Impoverished Africans With HIV/AIDS

October 20, 2005 02:35

Why isn't the web site you quote not available??
www.ivoirespoir.org

(2)

Mary Krane Derr LCSW

Re: Help Impoverished Africans With HIV/AIDS

October 20, 2005 06:35

John--the website for IvoirEspoir is now at www.ivoirespoir.com

I haven't worked with them for a couple years since my post, since the two IvoirEspoir officers in my city moved away to another part of the US. Apologies for the outdated URL.

If you (or anyone else in this forum) are interested in donating medical equipment or supplies, please do visit the website, and contact one of the officers through the emails listed on the site. Thank you.

advertisement