Haitian Charity Needs Info On Drager-Narkomed Ii - Charity Forum

Haitian Charity needs info on Drager-Narkomed II

(1)

Michael O'Neill

Haitian Charity needs info on Drager-Narkomed II

May 24, 2008 04:29

Konbit Sante ( http://www.konbitsante.org ) Cap-Haitien Health Partnership is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation

We received as a donation, a Drager-Narkomed II anesthesia machine (Ser. No.: A - 28746). Over time the Tygon tubing in it has become so brittle that it has disintegrated. The machine is really very badly needed, but it is obviously non-functional at this point. I ordered the 1/16" tubing from a company called DRE, and sent it down to Haiti where there is an anesthesia technician who was going to replace it. He reports, however, that it has disintegrated so badly (basically turned to powder) that he can't retrace the tubing. I haven't been able to find a service or operator's manual for it. What we really need is a schematic for the tubing placement, and I'm wondering if one of DOTmed members has that information and / or other information including service manual on that machine and can send to me.

We are a Maine based, volunteer partnership working to save lives and improve public health care in northern Haiti. We are working in collaboration with Haitien health care professionals to bring critically needed help to Justinian Hospital and Fort St. Michel Clinic in Cap-Haitien, Haiti.

Founded in 2000, Konbit Sante is committed to helping Haitians care for Haitians with targeted health programs, supplemental Haitian medical staff, teaching, equipment, supplies, and infrastructure improvements.

Thanks, Mike O'Neill ( 33oneill@gmail.com ) on behalf of Konbit Sante

to rate and post a comment

(1)

Jerry Degraff

Re: Haitian Charity needs info on Drager-Narkomed II

June 02, 2008 08:39

I am a Respiratory Therapist in Port-au-Prince. I think I might be able to help you with the tubing. I would like to know the size and the length of the tubing needed, and also what it is uesd for. ie, flow or gaz conduit.

(21)

(29)

Ken Kirby

Re: Haitian Charity needs info on Drager-Narkomed II

June 04, 2008 11:34

The tech is right. I had a machine to do the same thing and the tubing just falls apart upon touch. When you try to replace a tube it breaks another. The only way is to completly take it apart and redo the tubing completely which I did not do I just junked the machine. This is the reason that ohmeda mod II and II plus is so much better for you guys. High humidity environments destroy that tubing in Drager 2 series.